Monday, May 22, 2017

Challenge # 265 Bohemian Rhapsody

Now is the time to make something rich and ornamental: mix up patterns, use many colors and loads of embellishments and create a piece (card, layout, atc) with lots of visual interest. 'Bohemian Rhapsody' refers to no style but rather to the use of many different elements. Think along the lines 'more is more'.  Heap it up! Have fun!

Used lots of techniques for visual interest, on my page featuring
this family photo of when my grandma was 1.


Amy.L
This is my first ever art journal page and decided it was the perfect opportunity for this weeks blog challenge. I used several different mediums (sprays,acrylic paint, gel medium) to create a splash of colour and visual interest. I then added some embellishments that I have rarely used to add some more interest to the page and added some sequins for a bit more sparkle and colour. 
Keep an eye out on my you tube channel for a process video for this page. 


 I used lots of fun boy papers and accents plus some mixed media for this colorful layout.


alice k. 
For my set of ATC's I used rich colors and created rich textures. I looked for exotic imagery of opulent flowers and birds and piled on sequins, pearly dots and mixed metallic gold leaf. Please visit my blog if you are interested in knowing the steps.


Gail
I used the rich colours found in the Close to My Heart - Florence kit and added some gold accents.


For the "Bohemian" theme, I used a variety of layers, colors, and of course, my daughter rocking a Bohemian outfit for Halloween.




Guest DT Lyne


Guest DT Teresa
 Teresa here from Fresh and Renewed. I opted for color with the Boho theme...Hope you like. Check out my blog for a great post about this card and a little chance for a giveaway.




No comments: